Pokémon GO Community Day is an opportunity for Trainers around the world to meet up at their local parks to make new friends and experience what it means to be a part of this special community.
Once a month, Niantic hosts a Pokémon GO Community Day event starring a special Pokémon, which appears frequently around the world for just a few hours. When caught during the event, this special Pokémon will know an exclusive move. Other bonuses are in effect during the event, such as increased XP or Stardust, and Lure Modules activated during the event last for three hours.
List of Community Days
|1||January 20th, 2018|| |
|Surf|| 2× XP,|
|2||February 24th, 2018|| |
|Draco Meteor 2|| 3× catch Stardust,|
|3||March 25th, 2018|| |
|Frenzy Plant 2|| 3× catch XP,|
|4||April 15th, 2018|| |
|Dragon Pulse 2|| 1/4 Egg distance,|
|5||May 19th, 2018|| |
|Blast Burn 2|| 3× catch Stardust,|
|6||June 16th, 2018 ||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|7||July 8th, 2018 ||TBD||TBD||TBD|
- Research estimates that there was a 1 in 22.7 chance of capturing a shiny Pikachu.
- The featured attack is exclusive to the featured Pokémon's final evolution within its family. In order to obtain the featured Attack, the Pokémon must be evolved fully within the duration of the event. Trainers cannot use TMs to obtain the move.
As the Community Day event lasts only for three hours, it doesn't occur at the same time globally, but during the afternoon in the respective time zones.
|Region||Start Time||End Time||Time Zone|
|Africa||10:00 A.M.||1:00 P.M.||UTC (GMT +0)|
|Americas||11:00 A.M.||2:00 P.M.||PST (GMT -8)|
|Asia-Pacific||12:00 P.M.||3:00 P.M.||JST (GMT +9)|
|Europe||10:00 A.M.||1:00 P.M.||UTC (GMT +0)|
|India||10:00 A.M.||1:00 P.M.||UTC (GMT +0)|
|Middle East||10:00 A.M.||1:00 P.M.||UTC (GMT +0)|
|UK||10:00 A.M.||1:00 P.M.||BST (GMT +1) |
- Community Days happen on either Saturdays or Sundays.
- Fast TMs and Charged TMs don't grant exclusive moves during Community Day.
- However, exclusively, during the first Community Day in January, 2018 Charged TMs could grant any previously captured Pikachu Surf.
- To learn the exclusive move, the featured Pokémon must be captured or evolved during the event.
- During each Community Day, there is increased chance of encountering shiny form of featured Pokémon.
- With game update to version 0.101.0, there was graphic asset called "Community Day Box" added to the game files.
- It hints that the next item bundle from special shop offer related with Community Day might have its own box design.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Introducing Pokémon GO Community Day!. Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2018-01-13.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Get Pumped Up for Pokémon GO Summer Tour 2018! PokémonGOLive.com Retrieved on 2018-05-08.
- ↑ Estimating Community Day's Boosted Shiny Rate. /r/TheSilphRoad. Retrieved on 2018-01-31.
- ↑ NianticHelp. (2018, March 21). Attn: UK Community Day attendees!. Twitter. Retrieved on 2018-03-22.