Pokémon GO Community Day is an opportunity for Trainers around the world to meet up at their local parks to make new friends and experience what it means to be a part of this special community.
Once a month, Niantic hosts a Pokémon GO Community Day event starring a special Pokémon, which appears frequently around the world for just a few hours. When caught during the event, this special Pokémon will know an exclusive move. Other bonuses are in effect during the event, such as increased XP or Stardust, and Lure Modules activated during the event last for three hours.
List of Community Days
|1||January 20th, 2018|| |
|Surf|| 2× XP,|
|2||February 24th, 2018|| |
|Draco Meteor 1|| 3× catch Stardust,|
|3||March 25th, 2018|| |
|Frenzy Plant 1|| 3× catch XP,|
|4||April 15th, 2018|| |
|Dragon Pulse 1|| 1/4 Egg distance,|
|5||May 19th, 2018|| |
|Blast Burn 1|| 3× catch Stardust,|
|6||June 16th, 2018 || |
|Smack Down 1|| 3× catch XP,|
|7||July 8th, 2018 || |
|Hydro Cannon 1|| 1/4 Egg distance,|
|8||August 11th–12th, 2018 || |
|TBD|| 3× catch Stardust,|
- The featured attack is exclusive to the featured Pokémon's final evolution within its family. In order to obtain the featured Attack, the Pokémon must be evolved fully within the duration of the event. Trainers cannot use TMs to obtain the attack.
- By completing Research tasks obtained during the event, there was an encounter of a Squirtle wearing sunglasses as reward. 
- First multi-day Community Day featuring split-evolutions.
As the Community Day event lasts only for three hours, it doesn't occur at the same time globally, but during the afternoon in the respective time zones.
|Region||Start Time||End Time||Time Zone|
|Africa||11:00 A.M.||2:00 P.M.||UTC (GMT +0)|
|Americas||11:00 A.M.||2:00 P.M.||PST (GMT -8)|
|Asia-Pacific||12:00 P.M.||3:00 P.M.||JST (GMT +9)|
|Europe||11:00 A.M.||2:00 P.M.||UTC (GMT +0)|
|India||11:00 A.M.||2:00 P.M.||UTC (GMT +0)|
|Middle East||11:00 A.M.||2:00 P.M.||UTC (GMT +0)|
|UK||10:00 A.M.||1:00 P.M.||BST (GMT +1) |
- Community Days happen on either Saturdays or Sundays.
- Fast TMs and Charged TMs don't grant exclusive moves during Community Day.
- However, exclusively, during the first Community Day in January, 2018 Charged TMs could grant any previously captured Pikachu Surf.
- Research done by player community estimates that there was a 1 in 22.7 chance of capturing a shiny Pikachu.
- The same 1 in 22.7 chance of catching shiny variant of featured Pokémon applies to the next Community Days.
- To learn the exclusive move, the featured Pokémon must be captured or evolved during the event.
- During each Community Day, there is increased chance of encountering shiny form of featured Pokémon.
- With game update to version 0.101.0, there was graphic asset called "Community Day Box" added to the game files.
- It hints that the next item bundle from special shop offer related with Community Day might have its own box design.
- Currently, there were no Pokémon from Hoenn region featured in any Community Day.
- There is noticeable pattern for featured Pokémon for each Community Day, as in every next event there is alternately Starter Pokémon or 3-stage-evolution Pokémon that hatches from 10-km Eggs.
- Presumably then, August Community Day might feature Slakoth and September Community Day might feature Chikorita.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Introducing Pokémon GO Community Day!. Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2018-01-13.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Get Pumped Up for Pokémon GO Summer Tour 2018! Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2018-05-08.
- ↑ PokemonGoApp. Attention, Trainers: if you complete Field Research tasks during Community Day, you may have a chance to encounter Squirtle sporting sunglasses.. Twitter. Retrieved on 2018-07-03.
- ↑ NianticHelp. (2018, March 21). Attn: UK Community Day attendees!. Twitter. Retrieved on 2018-03-22.
- ↑ Estimating Community Day's Boosted Shiny Rate. /r/TheSilphRoad. Retrieved on 2018-01-31.