There are four tiers of rarity within each Egg group.
When a Trainer visits a PokéStop, they have a chance to obtain an Egg. If they are eligible, a random Pokémon will be selected from the table below. The randomly selected Pokémon will determine the egg distance required to hatch.
|Tier|| 2 km Egg|
| 5 km Egg|
| 10 km Egg|
|6.96% — Ekans, Nidoran♀, Nidoran♂, Geodude, Krabby, Goldeen||7.21% — Poliwag, Ponyta, Staryu, Phanpy||0% — None|
|3.48% — Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Oddish, Diglett, Abra, Machop, Slowpoke, Gastly, Exeggcute, Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Togepi, Aipom, Slugma||3.60% — Vulpix, Growlithe, Magnemite, Shellder, Drowzee, Voltorb, Cubone, Rhyhorn, Eevee, Stantler, Tyrogue, Smoochum, Elekid, Magby||12.90% — Dratini, Pineco, Gligar, Mantine, Larvitar|
|1.74% — Remoraid||1.80% — Seel, Onix, Tangela, Scyther, Pinsir||6.45% — Chansey, Mareep, Sudowoodo|
| Ultra Rare|
|0.87% — Misdreavus||0.90% — Grimer, Lickitung, Koffing, Porygon, Omanyte, Kabuto, Yanma, Wobbuffet, Girafarig, Dunsparce, Qwilfish, Shuckle, Sneasel||3.23% — Lapras, Aerodactyl, Snorlax, Skarmory, Miltank|
In regards to the percentage values:
- In the column headers, the overall percentage of receiving a Pokémon in that Egg group.
- In the Tier column, is the overall chance of receiving a Pokémon of that rarity.
- In each cell, the individual chance of receiving that Pokémon within the Egg group.
- Cracked Eggs: The Secret Rarity Tiers of Pokemon GO Egg Species. The Silph Road.
- Chart of Egg Rarity Divided by Egg Distance.. /r/TheSilphRoad.
- Calculated Percentage Chance of a Particular Pokemon Given Egg Type.. /r/TheSilphRoad. Retrieved on 2017-03-10.
- New egg chance and egg spreadsheet. /r/TheSilphRoad. Retrieved on 2017-03-10.
- New Changes to Egg Species: June 2017. The Silph Road. Retrieved on 2017-06-01.