Technical Machines (TMs for short) are items you can use to permanently teach a Pokémon a new random Fast Attack or Charged Attack.
They can be only obtained as a reward from winning a Raid Battle.
There are two types of Technical Machines corresponding two types of attacks in the game:
- Fast TMs for Fast Attacks
- and Charged TMs for Charged Attacks.
TM that can be used to teach a Pokémon a new, random Fast Attack.
This Technical Machine item is used to teach your Pokémon a new Fast Attack. Your Pokémon will acquire a new Fast Attack and forget their old Fast Attack.
TM that can be used to teach a Pokémon a new, random Charged Attack.
This item works like the Fast TM but it teaches the Charged Attack instead of a Fast Attack.
Remember, the Charged Attack is performed by pressing and holding during battle.
- Legacy moves are not able to be re-rolled. (as in you can change a legacy move for another move but you cannot get that legacy move ever again).
- TM cannot be used on Pokémon with a single move (e.g. Moltres, Zapdos, etc.).
- Using a TM will teach a Pokémon a new random attack which is available for the Pokémon to learn and is not same as the attack that is being forgotten.
- Most Pokémon have two possible Fast Attacks, therefore it is almost guaranteed that the Pokémon will learn the desired Fast Attack.
- Most Pokémon have three possible Charged Attacks, therefore there is ~50% chance of learning the desired Charged Attack.