Journal is a game-element that stores recent actions of Trainer. It contains entries with information such as: items received from spun Photo Discs at PokéStops and Gyms, caught Pokémon or Pokémon that returned from defended Gyms.
To enter the Journal page player has to:
- in the Map View click on Avatar's HUD in the bottom-left corner,
- on the Trainer page click on the Journal button below the Trainer's level bar.
Types of entriesEdit
There are several kinds of journal entries player can see on the journal page. Most of these entries are for activities related to specific Pokémon, thus there are icon of them next to te entries. Some of these entries have icon responding to game elements which activities were related with. These types are:
- Pokémon caught - informs about CP of specific Pokémon.
- Pokémon ran away - informs about CP of specific Pokémon.
- Pokémon hatched - informs about CP of specific Pokémon.
- Buddy Pokémon found a candy.
- Items received from spun Photo Disc at PokéStop - informs about number and specific items received from PokéStop.
- Items received from spin Photo Disc at gym - informs about number and specific items received from gym.
- Completed Research task.
- Research Breakthrough achieved.
- Pokémon defending a Gym returned - informs about optional PokéCoins received for defending a gym.
- Pokémon defending a Gym needs a treat.
- Journal page unlike any other scrollable page in the game cannot be quit by swiping page downwards at its very top to make X mark appear above the content.
- Due to some bugs, player can sometimes see recently Pokémon hatched from egg, before even seeing the hatching animation in the first place. However, quiting journal and profile pages triggers hatching animation as it can be only started from Map View screen.