This page's goal is to be an ongoing list of known bugs and issues with the game, officially recognized or otherwise.
Official Known Issues Edit
These are issues acknowledged by Niantic on their support page. They offer some possible solutions to these issues. Source
PokéCoins and premium items do not appear in my account Edit
Please try the following steps if you’re having trouble seeing PokéCoins or premium items in your account:
- Sign out and sign back into Pokémon GO. Open Pokémon GO, touch Main Menu > Settings and then select "Sign out."
- If that does not resolve the issue, try powering off your device and restarting.
Receive 'You already own this item' error message (Android only) Edit
If your device loses internet connectivity while purchasing PokéCoins from the shop, you may receive the “You already own this item” error message. Please power off and restart your device to resolve this issue.
Trainer progress temporarily resets to Level 1 Edit
You may have inadvertently created two Pokémon GO accounts: one account using Google and one using Pokémon Trainer Club. If you create an account with one login method and later attempt to use the other login method, a second account is created. To resolve this issue, log out of your account via the Settings menu and then log back in with your original login method.
Distorted audio Edit
In some situations, music and sound effects within Pokémon GO app may become distorted or delayed. This issue often occurs while connected to Bluetooth audio. We are aware of the issue and we are actively working on a solution.
Heavy battery use Edit
Some devices may experience battery drain while playing Pokémon GO for prolonged periods of time. We are working on a solution.
We're constantly working to improve GPS accuracy and stability. In general, GPS accuracy largely depends on the device you're using and your signal/connection strength. To improve your device's location, please review the following settings:
- Pokémon GO has location permissions enabled
- Internet connectivity is enabled (3G, 4G, Wi-Fi)
- Device location/GPS is enabled
- Location/GPS set to high-accuracy mode
Receive 'This item is not available in your country' error when trying to download the app. Edit
Please check your Google Wallet settings to ensure your address is based in the proper country. If this doesn't work, you could also try reaching out to the Google Play support team via their Help Center.
Fan-Reported Issues Edit
These are issues and bugs reported by the fanbase frequently.
- Occasional game freezes when catching Pokémon after the Pokémon enters the Poké Ball.
- If you open the items menu while a Pokémon is running away, the game will freeze and must be restarted.
- Activating Battery Saver mode seems to cause an increase in game freezes on some phones.
- Pressing on a Gym far away to you sometimes causes a freeze.
- When leveling up, the game will sometimes not display the "Level up!" animation or list the items received. The player seems to still receive those items though.
- When throwing a Poké Ball, it will sometimes curve without you meaning to. This is mostly seen when using a Razz Berry. To counter this, intentionally throw a curveball.