|Magikarp - Fish Pokémon|
|Magikarp is a pathetic excuse for a Pokémon that is only capable of flopping and splashing. This behavior prompted scientists to undertake research into it.|
Magikarp is the part of a two-member family.
- Magikarp was released with the game launch on July 6th, 2016.
- In the wild, maximum capture CP of Magikarp is 188, however it can reach 204, if encountered Pokémon is boosted by current weather.
- From July 6th, 2016 to February 16th, 2017, Magikarp used to be a possible hatchling from 2-km Eggs.
- As a 1st tier level Raid Boss, Magikarp's CP is 1,165. Its maximum capture CP in Bonus Challenge is 125 and 157 when encountered Pokémon is boosted by weather.
- Shiny form of Magikarp was released as the first Shiny Pokémon available in the game on March 24th, 2017.
- Magikarp's spawn rate and chance to be found in the wild were significantly higher during the Water Festival event in March, 2017.
- There is medal for catching extra-large Magikarps, called Fisherman.
- Along with Wailmer and Swablu, Magikarp is the Pokémon in the game that needs 400 candies to evolve which is the largest amount of candies to evolve in the game.
- Magikarp is considered as one of the least effective Pokémon in combat.
- page, on the official Pokédex website
- Magikarp article, on the Pokémon Wiki