Upon using a Raid Pass to join the battle, the Trainer and up to 19 other Trainers work together to defeat the Raid Boss. If a Raid Boss is successfully defeated within the three-minute time limit, those Trainers have the chance to catch a decently powerful Pokémon of their own.
A Raid Boss can battled as many times before it is either defeated or the one-hour time limit expires.
List of Raid BossesEdit
- Main article: List of Raid Bosses
There are a limited number of Pokémon that can be possible Raid Bosses. The availability of these Raid Bosses have been altered once; excluding the Legendary Pokémon.
- The Raid Boss icon is based off of Rhydon's face — who was the first Pokémon designed and programmed into the original game. There are also various Rhydon statutes that can be found throughout the game as well.
- On November 4, 2017, the raid bosses were rotated for the first time.
- ↑ Raid Battles and New Gym Features are Coming!. Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2017-06-19.
- ↑ Raid Battles. Niantic Support. Retrieved on 2017-06-19.
- ↑ Bulbasaur Isn't Neccesarily The First Pokémon. Kotaku. Retrieved on 2017-06-20.
- ↑ New Raid Bosses Collection Thread. /r/TheSilphRoad. Retrieved on 2017-11-04.