Rattata is cautious in the extreme. Even while it is asleep, it constantly listens by moving its ears around. It is not picky about where it lives—it will make its nest anywhere.
Rattata is the part of a three-member family.
- Rattata, along with Pidgey and Weedle, is the most common Kanto-region Pokémon to be found in wild.
- Rattata is one of the Pokémon that Ditto can appear as in wild.
- There is a medal for capturing Rattata weighing 1 kg or less. Its name is Youngster.
- , on the official Pokédex website
- Rattata, on the Pokémon Wiki