Research tasks and rewardsEdit
- Main article: List of Field Research tasks and rewards
Field Research are tasks that can be gathered by spinning nearby PokéStops. Field Research tasks have objectives that include catching certain Pokémon, performing basic actions in the game or battling in gyms or Raid Battles. These tasks are directed as more casual so players can complete them in 15 to 30 minutes. 
While Special Research tasks have specific rewards for each task and each set of tasks, for Field Research there seems to be variety of different rewards for each task completed. Field Research tasks can be also cancelled at any time, so other tasks can be gathered.
- Main article: List of Special Research tasks and rewards
Special Research are campaigns split into parts with sets of unique tasks requested by Professor Willow himself. Each Special Research task can be completed only once per player and for each set of 3 Special Research tasks there are unique special rewards. 
Stamps and Research BreakthroughEdit
Trainers can earn one Stamp per-day by completing at least one Field Research task. Once seven stamps have been obtained, a Research Breakthrough can be achieved. 
There is no limit to the number of research tasks that can be completed each day, and they grant rewards such as useful items. The more difficult the task, the greater the reward. 
It is currently unknown what is the purpose of Special Research stamps that are present in the game files, as only Field Research stamps can be currently obtained by players.
Preview of research screensEdit
- Few mentions about this game feature was found in the game code few times before it was finally implemented and released, by the name '
- The research feature launched on March 30th, 2018.
- According to game creators, research tasks are designed to be exciting and promote exploration with skillful challenges so that encountering Pokémon should never feel like a chore. 
- Research tasks icon has the same location on the Map View screen that the weather icon used to use.
- Hence, the weather icon is now placed above the compass icon.
- Pokémon encountered as a reward of research task have no location in which they were found. 
- The same Field Research task can be obtained from one, particular PokéStop during the day, so more than one player can have the same task with the same reward simultaneously.
- Megathread on TheSilphRoad's subreddit on gathering data about Research tasks
- Thread on TheSilphRoad's subreddit with all in-game messages and text related to Research tasks feature
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Trainers, It’s Time to Conduct Important Pokémon Research!. Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2018-03-26.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Developer Insights: How We Built the Research Feature. Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2018-03-29.
- ↑ Research Mew in Pokémon GO!. Pokémon News. Retrieved on 2018-03-26.
- ↑ Research Discovery Pokemon Dont have location on them TheSilphRoad's subreddit. Retrieved on 2018-03-31.