|Shellder - Bivalve Pokémon|
|At night, this Pokémon uses its broad tongue to burrow a hole in the seafloor sand and then sleep in it. While it is sleeping, Shellder closes its shell, but leaves its tongue hanging out.|
Shellder is the part of a two-member family.
- Shellder was released with the game launch on July 6th, 2016.
- In the wild, maximum capture CP of Shellder is 821, however it can reach 890, if encountered Pokémon is boosted by current weather.
- Between March 22nd and March 29th, 2017, Shellder's spawn rate and chance to be found in the wild were significantly higher during the Water Festival.
- Between December 21st, 2017 and January 4th, 2018, Shellder's spawn rate and chance to be found in the wild were significantly higher during the Holiday.
- Between June 7th and June 21st, 2018, Shellder's spawn rate and chance to be found in the wild were significantly higher during the Water Festival.
- Since February 9th, 2018, Shellder can be hatched from 2-km Eggs with a 547 of maximal CP.
- As a former 1st tier level Raid Boss, Shellder's CP was 4,340. Its maximum capture CP in Bonus Challenge was 547 and 684 when encountered Pokémon was boosted by weather.
- Shellder was available in field research: "Hatch an Egg." during Water Festival, 2018 with a maximum capture CP of 410.
- Shiny form of Shellder was released with the beginning of the Water Festival on June 7th, 2018.
- page, on the official Pokédex website
- Shellder article, on the Pokémon Wiki